Growth mindset quotes for kids can be both motivational and inspirational and can help them move forward when they feel stuck. I have some of my all time favourite groth minset quotes for you here today.
What is growth mindset?
A growth mindset means that you believe your intelligence and talents can be developed over time. A fixed mindset means that you believe intelligence is fixed—so if you’re not good at something, you might believe you’ll never be good at it. (mindset health)
Importantly having a growth mindset encourages kids to keep trying, to work on their skills, to be positive and solution focussed and to not feel defeated or give up. A fixed mindset alternately can lead to low self-esteem and limited experiences. A growth mindset is much more useful!
My new book 365 days of kind is packed with growth mindset quotes for kids encouraging them to be kinder to themselves and to other people.
How can growth mindset quotes for kids be helpful?
Kids do not need to be overwhelmed with advice they just need a little bit of inspiration on a daily basis to keep them positive. Bite sized chunks. They listen much more when what they are told is less. And quotes can really make us think and change our moods in small but powerful ways. They can be shared over breakfast or written on lunch box notes or read out at bedtime or left on a pillow. My quote books a offer daily growth mindset inspiration in the form of a quote or activity or affirmation.
My new book 365 days of Happy is packed with growth mindset quotes for kids encouraging them to be happier in themselves and in their relationships .
10 of the best growth mindset quotes for kids
- It’s not that I’m so smart. It’s just that I stay with problems longer. Albert Einstein
- “A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it.” – Ray Davis
- Always do what you are afraid of doing. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Success is not an accident, success is a choice. Stephen Curry
- Believe you can….and you are halfway there! Theodore Roosevelt
- It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.~Confucius
- Nothing is impossible. The word itself says “I’m Possible!” ~Audrey Hepburn
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow; learn as if you were to live forever. – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
- Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed no hope at all. – Dale Carnegie
Do you have any growth mindset quotes for kids that you would like to share – if so I’d love to hear them. And tell me, do you ever use these with your kids?
You might also like my post on how to raise emotionally healthy kids